May 22, 2013 | 10:53 AM (BD Time)
22 May, 2013 Wednesday
No property under mortgage can be re-mortgage or sold
High Court Division
(Civil Appellate Jurisdiction)
MA Hye J
Md. Rezaul Hasan J
August 21st, 2011.
Sonali Bank Limited .........
Syed Shakhawat Hossain and ors .... Plaintiff-Respondents
Artha Rin Adalat (IV of 1990)
Section 33(5) and 20
Artha Rin Adalat has issued a certificate in favour of the Bank under section 33(5) of the Ain, but the Court below has failed to appreciate that the order of the Adalat have become final and conclusive as per section 20 of the Ain. . ..... (23)
Mozher Sowdagar vs M. Zahirul Islam, 8 BLD 1999 (AD) 29 = 40 DLR (AD) 62 ref.
M Azizul Haque, Senior Advocate and Shamshed Banu, Advocate-For the Defendant-Appellant
Md. Abdul Malek with Md. Ziaur Rahman, Advocates
- For the Plaintiff-Respondents.
Md. Rezaul Hasan J : This Appeal under Order 43 Rule 1(r) of the Code of Civil Procedure (the Code) has been preferred by the defendant appellant against Order No. 10 dated 27-4-2011, passed by the learned Joint District Judge, 5th Court, Dhaka in Title Suit No. 31 of 2011 directing the defendants to maintain status-quo for a period 6 (six) months and prohibiting from taking any step in respect of the suit cold storage.
2. Facts relevant for disposal of this appeal, are that, one Syed Shakhwat Hossain and four others, who are respondents Nos. 1-5 before this Court, filed a Title Suit No. 31 of 2011 against Md. Rezaul Karim, Mukta Begum, Md. Khandaker Amirul Islam Tuku and Sharif Masudul Haque as the defendants Nos.1-4 and also impleading the Sonali Bank, its Managing Director and two Deputy General Mangers as defendants numbers 5 to 8. The plaintiffs case, in brief, is that they have purchased 100% shares from defendants Nos.1-3, held by them in M/s Combined Food and Cold Storage Ltd. (a private company limited by shares), certificate of incorporation number C-32902 (2023)/97); that Form-117 were executed by the said transfers in favour of the plaintiffs and that the defendant No.l and 2 have sworn arfidavit Nos. 85 and 86 on 26-7-2006 and the defendant No.3 has sworn affidavit Nos. 17 on 7-8-2006 affirming execution of aforesaid share transfer forms in favour of the plaintiffs. Accordingly, the plaintiffs have become 100% owners of the shares in the said company as well as of the landed and other properties, including the cold storage and in the machineries owned by the said company. The plaintiffs have also averred that they are in possession of the properties of the said companies and that they have deposited Tk. 111.49 lakh, in the Bank. as down payment to adjust the loan due to the Bank by the said company. Besides, the plaintiff have also entered into a partnership arrangement with defendant No.4 on condition that the defendant No.4 would furnish Tk. 3,00,000,00 (three crores) only to enable them to make payment of the Bank loan. Thereafter, the defendants have been trying to change the ownership of the plaintiffs thus acquired by them in the said company and that such an attempt was taken on 20-1-2011. In this situation the plaintiff had no alternative but to file this suit to protect their title and possession in the suit property as well as to avoid suffering irreparable loss.
3. The plaintiffs have, in the premises, prayed for declaration that the plaintiffs are the exclusive and legal owners of M/s Combined Food & Cold Storage Ltd. as described in the schedule to the plaint as well as they have prayed for some other consequential reliefs stated in the prayer portion, as follows-
(L) wb‡gœi ÔLÕ Zdwm‡j ewY©Z 7bs weev`xcÿ KZ©„K 1bs ev`xc‡ÿi eive‡i cÖ`Ë weMZ 28-2-2010Bs Zvwi‡Li wPwV, 4bs weev`xcÿ KZ©"K 1bs ev`xc‡ÿi eivei cÖ`Ë weMZ 22-12-2010 Bs wPwV Ges weev`xc‡ÿi KZ©"K 1bs ev`x eive‡i cÖ`Ë weMZ 24-12-2010Bs Zvwi‡Li wPwV A‰ea, †eAvBwb, AKvh©¨Ki I ev`xc‡ÿi Dci eva¨Ki b‡n g‡g© Aci GK †NvlYvg~jK wWµx w`‡Z|
(M) wb‡gœi K Zdwmj ewY©Z bvwjkx †gmvm© K¤^vBÛ dzW GÛ †KvÛ †óv‡iR wjwg‡UW‡Z _vKv ev`xc‡ÿi `Lj w¯’iZ‡ii wWwµ w`‡Z|
(N) ev`xc‡ÿi gvwjK `Ljxq wb‡gœi K Zdwmj ewY©Z bvwjkx m¤úwË †gmvm© K¤^vBÛ dzW GÛ †Kvì †óv‡iR wjwg‡UW nB‡Z weev`xcÿMY hvnv‡Z †Rvic~e©K I †eAvBbxfv‡e ev`xcÿ‡K ev Zvnvi wb‡qvwRZ Kg©KZ©v Kg©Pvix‡`i‡K D‡"Q` Kwiqv †e`Lj Kwi‡Z bv cv‡i ev D³ cÖwZôv‡bi Rb¨ ÿwZKi †Kvb Kvh©µg Kwi‡Z bv cv‡i ev ev`xc‡ÿi ˆea e¨emv cwiPvjbv Kwi‡Z ev Dnvi mswkøó hveZxq Kvh©µg cwiPvjbv Kwi‡Z †Kvb cÖKvi evav weNœ m…wó Kwi‡Z bv cv‡i Zrg‡g© weev`xM‡Yi weiæ‡× GK wPi¯’vqx wb‡lavÁvi wWµx w`‡ZÓ
4. Alleging similar facts the plaintiffs have also filed a petition under Order XXXIX, rule I and 2 read with section 151 of the Code of Civil Procedure, with the prayer that the plaintiffs should not be evicted from the suit property of the M/s Combined Food & Cold Storage Ltd. forcefully or illegally etc. At the same time the plaintiffs have also prayed for an interim order to that effect.
5. The defendant No.7 Sonali Bank, Corporate Branch (although the Sonali Bank itself is and its branch is the same legal entity) submitted a written objection denying all the material allegation and further stating at paragraph No. 28 that-
Ò28| ev`xi †gvKÏgv m¤ú~Y© wg_¨v, ev‡bvqvU I wfwËnxb `vexi wfwË‡Z `v‡qiK…Z weavq ev`xi A¯’vqx wb‡laÁvi cÖv_©bv †gvZv‡eK †Kvb wb‡lavÁv cvB‡Z cv‡i bv|
cªK…Z NUbv wbgœiƒc-
†gvmvm© K¤^vBÛ dzW †KvÛ †÷v‡iR wjwg‡UW GKwU cÖvB‡fU wjwg‡UW †Kv¤úvbx hvnvi eZ©gvb e¨e¯’vcbv cwiPvjK 3bs weev`x L›`Kvi Avwgbyj Bmjvg UzKz Ges †Pqvig¨vb 1bs weev`x †gvt †iRvDj Bmjvg Ges cwiPvjK 2bs weev`x gy³v †eMg| D³ †Kv¤úvbx GKwU AvaywbK wngvMvi cÖwZôvi Rb¨ 7bs weev`x †mvbvjx e¨vs‡Ki Avw_©K mnvqZv Pvwn‡j e¨vsK MZ 13-8-1997Bs Zvwi‡L D³ †Kv¤úvbxi AbyK~‡j 3,57,98,000 UvKv cÖKí FY gbRyi K‡ib| D³ F‡Yi RvgvbZ ¯^iƒc wngvMviwU cÖKí f~wgmn †gvU 1.57 GKi m¤úwË Fb`vZv †mvbvjx e¨vs‡Ki AbyK~‡j †iwRt gU©‡MR iv‡Lb| cieZ©x‡Z wewfbœ mg‡q †Kv¤úvbxi AbyK~‡j wecj As‡Ki PjwZ g~jab FY gbRyi Kiv nq hvnv †Kv¤úvbx †fvM KiZt wngMvi †cøRg~‡j eÜKxK…Z Avjy †eAvBwb fv‡e weµq Kivq UsMxevox _vbvq MZ 24-11-2002Bs Zvwi‡L †Kv¤úvbxi cwiPvjKM‡Yi weiæ‡× †dŠR`vix gvgjv bs 5/02 `v‡qi Kiv nq, hvnv wePvivaxb Av‡Q| Bnv Pvov weev`x †Kv¤úvbxi wbKU e‡Kqv F‡Yi 8,21,19,720 (AvU ‡KvwU GKyk jÿ Dwbk nvRvi mvZkZ wek) UvKv Av`v‡qi Rb¨ †mvbvjx e¨vsK ev`x nBqv 1bs A_©FY Av`vjZ, XvKvq A_©FY †gvt bs 310/2003 `v‡qi K‡i, hvnv MZ 21-4-2005Bs Zvwi‡L e¨vs‡Ki AbyK~‡j ivq I wWµx nq| D³ wWwµRvixi wbwg‡Ë A_©Rvix †gvt bs 574/2005 `v‡qi Kwi‡j weÁ Av`vjZ eÜKx m¤úwË ci ci `yBevi wbjv‡g w`qvI weµq Kwi‡Z e¨_© nBqv MZ 27-4-2009Bs Zvwi‡L A_©FY Av`vjZ AvBb 2003 Gi 33(5) avivq †fvM `Lj I ‡ePvwewµi ÿgZv hy‡³ ev`x †mvbvjx e¨vs‡Ki AbyK~‡j GK mb`cÎ Bmy¨ K‡i| D³ eÜKx m¤úwËi †fvM `L‡ji mb`cÎ †gvZv‡eK ev`x/wWµx`vi †mvbvjx e¨vsK eÜKx m¤úwËi †fvM `L‡ji I †ePvwewµi gvwjK wnmv‡e Dnv wbjv‡g weµ‡qi Rb¨ †Póv Kwiqv e¨_© nBqv cybivq †Kv¤úvbxmn 1-3bs weev`xM‡Yi weiæ‡× 2q Rvix †gvKÏgv bs 99/2010 `v‡qi K‡ib| hvnv‡Z †MÖdZvix ciIqvbv eZ©gv‡b Bmy¨ nBqv wePviaxb Av‡Q| PZzi 1bs weev`x Zv‡`i weiæ‡× wePvivaxb †gvKÏgv we`¨gvb _vKv Ae¯’vq m¤ú~Y© †e-AvBwb fv‡e bvwjkx wngvMvi cÖwZôvbwU Zvnvi `Lj/wbqš¿‡Y _vKvi K_v _vwK‡jI †hvMmvR‡m ev`xMY‡K eySvBqv †`q g‡g© ev`x `vex Kwi‡Z‡Q, hvnv 7bs weev`x e¨vs‡Ki webv AbygwZ‡Z `Lj ev`x ev Ab¨‡K eySvBqv †`Iqvi †Kvb GLwZqvi 1bs weev`xi bvB ev wQj bv| ev`x 1bs weev`xi mv‡_ †hvMmvR‡k bvwjkx wngMviwU A‰ea fv‡e `L‡ji †Póv Kwi‡Z‡Q|
6. It thus appears from the record that, M/s Combined Food & Cold Storage Ltd. is a private company limited by shares and that the defendant No.3 is the Managing Director of the said company, whereas the defendants No.1 and 2 are the Directors of the said company. The company, thereafter, applied to the Sonali Bank Ltd, on 13.08.1997 for loan of Taka 3,57,98,000, in the form of project loan, to establish a modern cold s
Art and Culture
Focus on Chittagong
Fashion & Beauty
Food and Drink
Law and Justice
New Nation Supplement
Editor: Mostafa Kamal Majumder, Adviser Editor: A.M. Mufazzal, Printed and Published by Mainul Hosein from the New Nation Printing Press, 1.R.K Mission Road, Dhaka-1203 Phones: New Nation PABX: 7122654, 7114514, 7122655, Fax: 880-2-7122650, 9512775 email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org for advertisement, email@example.com